A Tale of Two Feesers

The every day tales of Jennifer and Ryan Feeser, as they continue their journey as mother and son.



Friday, August 27, 2010

The bestest friend

This morning, while eating our breakfast, Ryan blurts out the sentence, "I hope Griffin feels better today."
I ask, "Didn't he feel good?"

And what I think is going to be a typical conversation about one of Ryan's friends. You'd think I would know better by now that most of our conversations are not typical.

He proceeds to tell me that Griffin is not sick, but that he did something he wasn't supposed to do, and he was feeling very sad about it.
This is how the conversation continued.

Me: "So what did Griffin do?"
Ryan: "He asked me not to tell, cause it would make him feel worse."
Me: "Well is this secret something that might hurt someone else?"
Ryan: "No"
Me: "Did Griffin hurt himself?"
Ryan: "No. But the school told him not to tell anyone."
Me: "They asked him not to tell his parents?"
Ryan: "No. They told him he should tell his parents because he would feel better."
Me: "Oh. Okay...well just remember that if it's one of those kinds of secrets, then you should tell someone."
Ryan: "I know mom." (insert eye-roll here)
Me: "I'm proud of you."
Ryan: "For what?"
Me: "For being a good friend to Griffin. He asked you not to tell, you said you wouldn't and you haven't"
Ryan: "Right"
Me: "Well some people would have told"
Ryan: "Well then they aren't very good friends, duh"

I cannot say enough how proud I am of my son for NOT telling me. Even though I am dying to know what Griffin did that could make him feel so bad. Not because I'm nosey. But I bet whatever it is could be a chance for a 'lesson from mom' type of conversation between my son and I.

But something tells me...he's doing just fine on his own right now.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment