A Tale of Two Feesers

The every day tales of Jennifer and Ryan Feeser, as they continue their journey as mother and son.



Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

Not that I think Mother's need one day to be recognized; I believe they should be cherished throughout the year.
Unless you're my mother. If you're my mother, you deserve to be lonely.

But in an odd way, I want to thank my mother. For teaching me what NOT to do.

My son will always know that he is not only loved, but wanted. I will never turn my back on him. I will always encourage him to follow his dreams and support him no matter what those dreams consist of. I will not try to be his friend. I will not say things like, "I can't tell him to not do _____ because I did it when I was a kid."

In other words: I am going to do it better.

Today my son gave me a card and a cute little 'stained glass window' he made from construction and tissue paper.
I proudly have it displayed in my front window.

He has also given me countless hugs and has told me "Happy Mother's Day" at least 10 times.
All of which is great.
But it doesn't compare to the random times he squeezes me and says, "You are the best mom in the entire UNIVERSE!"

Yeah, I'm doing it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment